At Ideales Resort we stress the importance of your privacy and are committed to earning the trust of our Guests by adopting high standards for the protection of personal information. Therefore, all of our systems and our website are designed with the appropriate operational and internal systems and comply to the applicable European and Greek legislation regarding data protection (General Data Protection Regulation EU 679/2016 (hereinafter «GDPR») and Law 4624/2019).
Our policy outlines the type of personal data we collect, the circumstances under which we collect your personal data and the purposes for which we may process them, the procedures and measures we establish for its safe use and storage, as well as the procedures you should follow if you have any questions or requests in respect of your personal information.
1. What is considered as Personal Data?
Personal Data is any information that relates to you, or may be attributed to you and allows us to identify you. Such data is, for example, your name, surname, father’s name, address, telephone number, e-mail etc. Additionally, personal data also includes some technical data relating to you, such as your IP address or the websites from which you entered our site, etc.
2. Which personal data are being collected by Ideales Resort and for which purposes are they being processed?
a. The personal data we collect include only that information necessary for specific purposes, as described below. We may mainly process the following types of personal data:
- personal information and contact detail (such as name, address, telephone number, e-mail, date of birth),
- billing and tax details (such as credit/debit card details, VAT number and Tax Office),
- personal ID or passport details, entry visa details, travel authorizations;
- preferences and interests (such as type of bed, cultural interests),
- communications/correspondence you exchange with us or direct to us via e-mails and calls, as well as comments submitted by you during or after your stay.
At Ideales Resort we do not collect personal data of special categories, such as medical or health condition of our guests, or personal data of persons under the age of 16.
b. We shall only process your information when:
- you have given us your consent to such processing, which you may withdraw at any time;
- the processing is necessary to provide our contractual services to you;
- the processing is necessary for compliance with our legal obligations (e.g. for tax reasons); and/or
- the processing is necessary for our legitimate interests (e.g. safe internet connection) or those of any third party recipients/partner that may lawfully receive your personal information (e.g. lawyers).
3. How do we collect and for which purposes do we process your personal data?
a. We may collect and process your personal data mainly in the following cases:
- by making a reservation or by using Ideales Resort services, in order to provide you the requested services and to execute the payment of our services, according to your explicit authorization for the execution of our contract;
- by visiting our website;
- by contacting us or completing surveys etc for developing and improving our services;
- to archive your data at our archiving system/database, for the proper execution of our services to you;
- for internal accounting and tax reasons;
- to comply with any applicable customs/immigration legal requirements.
Making a reservation
When making a reservation with us or using Ideales Resort services it is necessary to provide information in order for us to identify you, contact you and to provide you the accommodation services that you require and book your room, facilitate check-in and payment processes, help you book and make use of the services that our hotel provides, as well as process any other kind of request or complaint. This information usually includes your name, address, phone number, e-mail address, credit card number and expiration date, and language preference. It may also include, if you choose to share that information with us, your preferences regarding the delivery of your service such as type of room, type of bed etc.
When paying for your accommodation or services provided by Ideales Resort, we require certain financial information (like your bank account or credit card information) in order to process payments and comply to the applicable legal provisions. We may also require additional information such as your ID/passport or VAT number (where permitted by applicable law) and other proof of identification, in order to provide the payment services to you and comply with applicable legal provisions. Moreover, if you are a guest, we may retain your financial information to assist you with booking related experiences and activities during your stay. We shall only process such data according to your explicit consent and based on your written authorization.
By visiting our website
Ideales Resort may collect information about you when visiting our website (such as IP addresses, which are numbers assigned to your computer whenever you use the Internet, or the operating system you are using), when this is voluntarily provided by you in order to meet a request (for example when you fill the contact form and request any information on our services), or when someone wants to apply for a vacant position.
Moreover, we may use third-party web analytics services on our website, such as Google Analytics. The analytics providers that administer these services use technologies such as cookies to help us monitor and understand more about how our website is used and accessed, which in turn lets us optimize your user experience and build a website that suits the needs of our users.
Advertising and Marketing Related Purposes
In case you have explicitly consented to receiving such actions from us, we may use the information you provide to send you offers and information about Ideales Resort services. If you no longer wish to receive such offers and information you may unsubscribe by sending an email to [email protected], or by using the subject line "Unsubscribe", so indicating your request with sufficient personal identifiers so we can appropriately act on your request.
Information provided to us in communications regarding service delivery such as surveys
Information provided to us in such a way will be used solely for the purpose of recording your comments, communicating with you in respect of them, reviewing them with the subject hotel and hotel personnel, for the purposes of recognizing employees for excellence of service delivery and for developing improvements in service delivery.
Employees and partners’ data
Ideales Resort may collect personal information from potential employees in order to make recruitment decisions. Upon recruitment, we collect information about our employees in the context of our contractual relationship and for purposes related to it. These employee data are collected and stored in our safe database, in accordance with our business practices. We may also process similar information about freelancers, consultants and other third parties who provide products or services to us.
b. At Ideales Resort we may process your personal data for the following purposes:
- To establish and maintain a responsible commercial relationship with you and to provide ongoing service.
- To understand your needs and preferences. We maintain a record of the products and services you receive from us and we may ask for additional information so that we can serve you better (we may record the type of Villa you prefer).
- To develop and enhance our products and services.
- To manage and develop our business and operations (we analyze guest patterns of usage of our hotels and services to help us manage them efficiently and plan for future growth).
- To meet our legal and regulatory requirements.
4. Do we disclose your data to third party recipients?
Ideales Resort does not sell, lease or exchange your personal data, nor will do so at any time in the future. We may disclose your personal information to a third party or use it for a purpose other than the purpose for which it was originally collected or subsequently authorized by the individual, only if you consent to such further processing, or if it required by law.
to a third party retained by Ideales Resort to perform functions on its behalf such as reservations handling, evaluation of a customer's credit worthiness and guest surveys;
to third parties involved in supplying the services requested by you and to the extent necessary to effect the supply and the processing of the transaction, such as tour operators, online booking systems, car rental companies and other related service providers;
to external partners (such as accountants, auditors, consultants etc);
to financial institutions and credit card providers;
to governmental agencies and public authorities, regulatory bodies and enforcement agencies, to comply with a valid and authorized request, including a court order or other valid legal process;
as required or authorized by any applicable law, and to comply with our legal obligations.
In any case, our employees who have access and process your personal data are specific and trained regarding the appropriate manner of any processing, are bound by confidentiality terms and process only on a need-to-know basis, to meet stated legitimate business purposes, as described.
At Ideales Resort we do not disclose or transfer your data to countries outside the EU or the EEA. In case, where such disclose or transfer is mandated by any applicable law or for the execution of our contract, we shall maintain appropriate contractual and technical measures, as mandated by the GDPR or any other applicable law.
5. Information Security
Ideales Resort is committed to safeguarding and protecting your personal information. We implement and maintain appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect any personal information provided to us from accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorised disclosure of, or access to personal information collected, stored or otherwise processed by us or by our partners.
We regularly review security technologies and will strive to protect your personal information. However, we are not responsible for any third party’s actions or their security controls with respect to information that these third parties may collect or process via their websites, services or otherwise.
6. Data retention period
We do not retain your data longer than the period necessary to fulfill the purposes for which they were collected or as required by applicable laws and regulations. The information you provide us may be archived or stored periodically, according to backup security processes and will only be retained for as long as is it required for the purposes for which it was collected, unless the law requires us to hold your personal information for a longer period (e.g. tax related documents), or to delete it sooner, or unless you exercise your right to have your information erased or to restrict the processing thererof (where it applies).
7. Your rights
At Ideales Resort we ensure that we will provide you the ability to exercise all of your rights in relation to your personal data that we hold and process. According to GDPR, you have the right of access to, receive information and correction of your data, to withdraw consent at any time, to request data deletion, to restrict the extent of data processing, to object to data processing, to request copy of your data the transmission of personal data in a common digital format (e.g., pdf) to you or to another provider you may indicate to us, according to the provisions of the GDPR.
Indicatively, at your request, we will:
- grant you access to copies of your personal data, within a reasonable time period
- correct personal information, when inaccurate
- withdraw your prior consent to the processing of your data etc.
Moreover, within the EU, individuals have the right to complain about how their information is handled to a supervisory authority that is responsible for regulating compliance with the Regulation. A list of all EU supervisory authorities is available on the European Commission website: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm
Ideales Resort will not collect, use or disclose your personal information for any other purpose than those identified above, except with your consent.
Ideales Resort will protect your personal information with appropriate security safeguards.
Ideales Resort will take appropriate steps to protect the confidentiality of your personal information when dealing with third parties.
Ideales Resort will strive to keep your personal information as accurate and up to date as is necessary for the purposes identified above.